What is valgus deformity of the big toe on the foot (Hallus valgus)
Valgus deformity is a condition in which damaged joint of the big toe. This disease is also called bursitis of the big toe of the lower limb. It is often associated with the appearance of bone spurs, as a response to a foot injury. Actually, the disease almost never occurs in people in the wardrobe which boots off.
the Development of hallux valgus often promotes a very narrow high-heeled shoes, and cowboy boots. In that time, wide shoes, which has a lot of free space for the fingers, significantly reduces the likelihood of deformation, and the presence of bursitis of the big toe reduces irritation in his location.the
the Main causes of Hallus valgus is a pathologicalthe
- no pressure.
a Direct impact on the frequency of occurrence of this disease is having the shoes (it is lower for people who do not go shod). But, this does not mean that only the shoes is the cause of hallux valgus.
the Main risk factors Hallus valgus:the
- Profession (for example, ballerinas);
- Age. So, with age, the frequency of occurrence of this disease is increasing: in 15-30 years (3 %), 31-60 years (9 %), older than 60 years (16 %);
Hallus valgus may develop as a consequence of diseases such as:the
- Rheumatoid arthritis;
- and Gout
- Multiple sclerosis
- Psoriatic arthropathy;
- the Disease Sharot;
- Cerebral palsy;
- down's syndrome;
- Marfan syndrome.
There are 4 kinds of treatment of hallux valgus:
- Conservative. It includes the selection of comfortable shoes that does not cause the load or friction. On the 1st stages of the disease the patient is almost always advised to wear shoes with a wide front end that can stop the further development of the deformity. There are also various devices to sidirovat finger on the foot and change the distribution of load on it;
- Orthopedic products. Can be used in different orthopedic devices (customized insoles, insoles, toe cushions, by the way, you can buy them in online store "Healthy Feet": http://zdorovyenogi.ru);
- Physio - and drug therapy. Physical therapy + anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs are prescribed to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. Also, can be assigned to injections of corticosteroids;
- Surgical. The main problem with this type of treatment of hallux valgus is to remove the bunion toe of the foot to reconstruct the bone, which is directly affected a finger, but also to balance the muscles around the joint to avoid recurrence.
Translated by "Yandex.Translate": translate.yandex.ru.