The syndrome of "dry eye": the Main causes
Syndrome "dry eye” is very common in the modern world disorders. This is a condition in which there is insufficient production of tears.the
Dry eye: What can cause this?
maybe as a separate issue, and the 1st manifestation of a particular disease.
- disease and Sjogren's syndrome (Sjogren) are affected by different glands of the human body, in our case, the tear. Production of lacrimal fluid is sharply reduced, and its chemical composition changes: a tear becomes a viscous, thick, reduced the presence of bactericidal substances, the patient suffers from various chronic inflammations (keratitis, conjunctivitis, blepharitis). Sjogren's syndrome is observed in different systemic diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.) and rarely it occurs as a completely independent disease;
- the fair sex the syndrome of “dry eye” is often attributed to hormonal changes (breastfeeding, pregnancy, menopause);
- dry out the eyes as well leading to incomplete closure of the optic fissure, which is caused by deformation of eyelids or neurological disorders;
- Quite often "dry eye" develops in people who wear contact lenses (if the lens dries out, it, in turn, absorbs moisture from tears);
- Also, dry eyes can cause certain medications (birth control pills, antidepressants, nasal drops, eye drops, which contain in their composition the corticosteroids, certain medicines for the treatment of glaucoma);
- Dry climate, smoke, wind, dust, city smog, air conditioners can cause or aggravate dry eye;
- vitamin a Deficiency causes specific changes in the eye cornea (in the initial stages syndrome “dry eye”, and prolonged deficiency - may develop pathology such as ulcers of the cornea);
- Sometimes the syndrome of “dry eye” also called “monitor” or “office”. When a person reads or looks at the PC screen, it reduces the frequency of blinking eye, as a result, time is not updated tear film and the cornea is moistened sufficiently. If this is to occur daily for many hours, the person showing signs of “dry eye”.
Translated by "Yandex.Translate": translate.yandex.ru.