How to care for a glass door
Glass doors are a kind of design tool. It opens up a wide range of possibilities for creating a creative interior. Doors made of wood, plastic or metal do not have even a hundredth part of the "airiness" and "lightness" that glass doors can boast. So why are they consistently popular? More information you can read on the websate: https://allmehandidesigns.com/how-to-remove-a-sliding-glass-door/.
Doors made of tempered glass have a number of undeniable advantages:
- Versatility: suitable for homes and offices, they are installed in apartments, country houses, saunas, gyms, etc.
- A variety of models and shapes that make almost any design solution possible. You can choose a sliding, pendulum, swing model, choose a curved design that has already become a classic, pick a unique glass pattern or matte texture.
- The ability to make the house more spacious and brighter, because such doors effectively expand the space.
As for the disadvantages, these include:
- relatively high cost, but it is offset by high performance and timeless aesthetics;
- lack of "intimacy" of space, but it is precisely for its creation that frosted glass and all kinds of ornaments were invented;
- the need for constant care.
Glass does get dirty faster and more often than other materials. But! The modern chemical industry has gone so far that glass washing does not cause any discomfort.
Everything that's needed:
- high-quality product (they are versatile and suitable for caring for windows and mirrors);
- a comfortable cloth napkin (there is a huge selection of them on supermarket shelves).
The containers with the chemical agent are equipped with a convenient spray bottle. In order to save money, you can not throw away the sprayer and buy so-called "spare wheels". The glass must be wiped dry so that no streaks remain. If there are fingerprints on the glass element of the door, you must use soap or liquid dish cleaner - they will easily remove grease stains.
Supporters of an environmentally friendly lifestyle can make a liquid for washing glass on their own: you just need to add ammonia (ammonia solution with a characteristic pungent smell) to the water. It is able to quickly dissolve acids, so it easily removes not only dust, but also stains and stains. You need to mix according to the following formula: 5 ml of alcohol per 5 liters of water, alcohol must be carefully placed. You can increase the effectiveness of a homemade remedy using glycerin. You will need:
- 5 drops of ammonia;
- 200 ml of glycerin;
- 200 ml of water.
First you need to mix water and glycerin, and after that add alcohol. Another secret: to give the glass a bluish tint, you just need to add ultramarine blue — literally a pinch.
It is recommended to wash the entrance glass door in dry but not sunny weather. In bright sun, the solution will dry instantly, which can leave stains. If traces of insects appear on the door, they can be easily removed with onion juice — just wipe the contaminated area with half an onion.
Important! After washing, carefully polish the glass surface with a soft cloth (preferably microfiber). It is recommended to ventilate the room after cleaning.
You should also take into account the following features:
- A home-made solution will not only save money and reduce the use of chemical products, but also protect the glass from further contamination and even icing.
- Abrasive detergents and hard sponges cannot be used on glass doors — they leave micro-scratches.
- For glasses decorated with film elements, alkali-based detergents are not suitable — it is capable of destroying the color pigments of the film.
- It is not recommended to wipe glass doors in bathrooms when condensation forms on them: it is necessary to ventilate the room and clean the already dried glass.
Castors, handles, locks, hinges, awnings and guides — all accessories also need careful and regular maintenance:
- Metal parts need to be lubricated from time to time with machine oil: the frequency of the procedure depends on the frequency of use, but on average it should be done at least once a year.
- A vacuum cleaner will help in cleaning the rollers and guides — it can be used to remove dirt and dust from the grooves. Then you need to wipe the parts with a rag soaked in a solution of water and detergent, and wipe dry thoroughly.
- Chrome-plated door elements must not be cleaned with aggressive detergents and abrasives. It is recommended to dissolve liquid soap or powder in water, wash all parts and be sure to wipe them dry.