What is oral thrush?
Candidiasis is a common disease of the mucous membranes of many internal organs or skin. The causative agent of the disease is considered yeast-like fungi that belong to genus Candida. Now allocate more than a dozen representatives of this kind of fungi which are the cause of various diseases in humans.
reflected in the fact that there is a lesion of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. It can occur in adults and in children. The latter, which have a normal immune system, this disease often occurs in a mild form, while not causing complications and can easily succumb to treatment.the
causes of this illness
the main risk factors thrush is commonly include:the
- As newborns (infection often takes place directly from the mother during the forward passage through the birth canal); the
- Child age, i.e. up to one year (cause sometimes serve as constant licking different objects or toys, or not fully formed immune system of a child or an adult); the
- Artificial feeding for a long time at an early age;
- to Make the baby in the hospital for a long time; the
- antibiotics (only those that have broad spectrum of action) (there is a mind of uncontrolled use of antibacterial drugs that disrupt the normal microflora of mucous membranes); the
- the Presence of malignancies (especially hematologic), and therapy with cytotoxic agents; the
- Treatment with glucocorticosteroids or immunosuppressive medications.
feeding with the mixtures with high sugar content; the
the main risk factors thrush in adults directly decided to add diabetes mellitus, AIDS, the continuous use of dentures, Smoking for a long time and a lot more.
Translated by "Yandex.Translate": translate.yandex.ru.